Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bedrest in the hospital!!!

Well most of you have heard, I am in the hospital on bedrest. I started spotting on Thursday and it got worse that night while I was at work, but still not to bad. Well Friday morning was worse so I went to see my doctor and he sent me over to the hospital and then one thing led to another and here I am sitting over on post partum twiddling my thumbs. On the plus side the babies look great, they are growing and have good strong heart beats! I love that sound!! I am not contracting and feel fine if the bleeding would just stop!

The short story is that part of one of the placentas (there are two) is a little low lying and it is close to my scar tissue from my previous c-sections and it is pulling away in just that spot. The rest of the placenta looks good. So I am sitting here so they can monitor the babies once a shift and keep an eye on the bleeding. They don't know how long I will be here, the closest we have got is I can go home a week after I stop bleeding. Not so fun.

The visiting policy at the hospital is very strict right now. Cameron can of course come, plus 2 other visitors which they band and they are the only two that can come. Not even kids are allowed. Although if I can get wheelchair privileges then they will let me leave the unit for a little bit and go see the kids outside the unit. Hopefully that will happen sooner then later!! I sure miss my punkins' and it has only been a couple of days. They are hanging in there and having fun with dad, grandma and all my family that is helping out, they are the best and so helpful!!

So there you have it. Thanks you for all the help and prayers. I just keep telling myself that this trial will pass and we will be better and stronger for it. I have a whole new compassion for those poor moms that sit on bedrest for weeks and months, not so fun, but definitely worth it in the long run.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

So sorry to hear, but am glad that the babies are doing great! I have a couple of books I can recommend if you need something to do, just email me. Again, I am glad you and the babies are doing ok.

Amy said...

Oh Chris...I just want to cry. But WHATEVER it takes to keep those little girls healthy. Just try to remember: this is only temporary...as long as those days may seem, you will look back and it will be just the blink of an eye! Love ya...hang in there!

John and Sherri said...

I'm sorry!!! That is no fun. I will keep you in my prayers!!!

Alisha said...

Are you going crazy yet? I'm glad the babies are OK. Call or e-mail me if you think Cameron needs a break and I will call for the kids to come play. Marissa's little co-op preschool is at my house this wed. from 9-11:30 if Conner wants to come he is more than welcome. I can't believe they won't let kids in, is it because of flu season? Good luck!

The Vining's said...

Christy!!!! Oh my gosh!!! I have been wondering how ur doing!! So glad it's nothing SERIOUS SERIOUS if you know what I mean...Gett better and let that placenta heal!! Let me know if I can bring you anything!! I work on Wed and Will bring ya anything u want!!! Also I'll come see ya if u want..I bet ur sooooo bored!!! Good luck!!!

Anna said...

Oh, Christy. So not fun. Are you on facebook. You should get on and play some of their games. :) That will help pass the time. I'm so glad the babies are well, that would be so horrible to be stuck like you are. I'll start praying! Good luck.

UtahWarehouse said...

Christy,
I am sorry to hear you are in the hospital on bedrest. If you need anything, please let me know! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
Michele

BookwormMom said...

I wanted to come see you all weekend with my "magic pink badge" (as Morgan put it :))...but first they told us we couldn't, and then I've had a little bit of a cold...I figured that the last think you needed was to get my cold, so I stayed away. You've been in my thoughts and my prayers...luv ya!

Kristen said...

I am so sorry! I hope it heals up well and you can at least go home on bedrest. Tell those babies to behave.:) Sending positive energy your way.

Julianne Howes said...

Oh my goodness!! Christy! I had no idea! Please keep us posted on everything. Just keep yourself busy throughout the day! Text me if you get bored, because I know how you feel! :) You are in our prayers!!!!!